Friday, May 20, 2011

Procrastination Post

So, dear readers, this is where I am right now:


An exclusive sneak peak into the Radcliffe Camera's upper reading room. Also known as...the library. Yes, I've spent my entire afternoon shut away reading Coleridge and Dickens, but with an atmosphere like this I wouldn't really call it "shut" away. It's by far the prettiest library I've ever seen!

Anyways, It's now 5:20 and I've been at it since 2 ish, and I'm taking a little break to post on the Keble Ball. The Keble Ball occurred last Saturday, May 14th at 7:00 pm in Keble College. It was a huge, extravagant affair with the theme "A Scandal in Bohemia." There was unlimited food, drink, carnival games, giant slides, and entertainment with the price of admission. It was intense. I heard a rumor that the planning committee planned on 40 drinks per head, just so they were sure to have enough alcohol to go around.

Anyways, it was a big event, and we all got dressed up to go to the ball. I pretty much ate my ticket's worth of food--they had burgers, burritos, cotton candy, popcorn, a chocolate fountain, chocolate pudding, fudge brownies--lots of food. (Not to mention my favorite--Krispy Kreme doughnuts!) The party lasted all night but I dipped out at 2 am to head back to the house. It was a long night, but I'm glad I went! Here are some pictures to fill in the sketch I've given you!


My Roommates and I



The Keble Lawn was filled with candles, and they projected a picture of Sherlock Holmes onto the Cathedral to keep up the "Scandal in Bohemia" theme. 



They even rented and installed a giant helter-skelter slide, much like the one on the Brighton Pier. I personally did not venture down the slide in my dress, but others told me it was really fun!


Sadly, my procrastination post didn't take as long as I wanted it to...so I'll have to get back to work until dinner time. 

Until my next post!
S

No comments:

Post a Comment