Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Brighton Rocks!

Hello again!

Just wanted to fill you in on the day trip I took last week to Brighton--a little resort town on the coast. It was a fun day trip--I went early and got back to Oxford around 8. I've included pictures of the main attractions and things I saw. As always, you can click on them to make them bigger!

1. The Royal Pavillion--a palace built by the Prince Regent. It's has a weird asian/oriental style to it.




2. Brighton Pier--a huge pier with arcades, amusement park style rides, and lots of food! 






The food in Brighton was strangely American--this was the best bad burger I've ever had. 


Unlike the burger, the Brighton "American-style" doughnuts were absolutely delicious!

My favorite part of the day, though, was probably just being by the ocean. I had great weather apart from a little wind, but it was beautiful and so relaxing to just sit on the beach! The beaches there are very rocky--but that meant no sand in my socks!









 
Brighton has one specialty--Brighton Rock, a long stick of hard candy that has "Brighton Rock" spelled on the side and all the way through. Hence the sign, and hence the title of the post! :) It was a fun day, and I'm glad that I went--if only to see the ocean! Check back tomorrow for updates on the Keble Ball and my second full week of Tutorials! I've been crazy busy writing two papers that were due yesterday, so now I'm starting on next week's work and hoping to get ahead. I never would have gotten the papers done without the generous supply of chocolate my parents sent me--you wouldn't think it, but the candy here tastes different! Thanks for checking in!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment