Wednesday, April 13, 2011

One Paper Down

Hey everyone!

Didn't want to keep you all in suspense until the next time I do something fun. (Which will probably be around April 29th!) So, I thought I'd just post a little update to let you know that I've finished the first of many papers to come, and am about to start writing my second paper.

The first is a History paper answering this prompt:

"Patriarchal in theory; permissive in practice." Discuss this view of family relations in seventeenth-century England.

I finished it tonight at a total of 8 pages, 2,212 words and 22 footnotes. Whew!

The second is an English paper with no specific prompt, just the instructions to relate the following texts to New Imperialism:

King Solomon's Mines by H.R. Haggard
She by H.R. Haggard
Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
An Outpost of Progress by Joseph Conrad
An Outcast of the Islands by Joseph Conrad
The Ebb Tide by Robert Louis Stevenson
The Beach of Falesa by Robert Louis Stevenson

This is the paper I'm worried most about. I only get five pages to tie all of those texts together!!

Holding on to Matthew 6:33 tonight!!

Sarah

1 comment: