Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Post #4 (Day 3): Around Inverness

Hey Everyone!

I just got in from a fun day in London, but you'll have to wait for that post--I'm dedicating the next two to finishing up the Scotland Trip.

The third day was a lot calmer and less intense than the other two. We basically stayed in and around Inverness. First we went on a hike in the woods, then we visited some little fishing villages before meeting up once again with the large Loch Ness group and going back to Edinburgh. Here are the photos!

Caledonian Canal at Inverness

Locks at Inverness

Frasers at Lovat Estate


Beauly Priory



Cromarty (A bit of sun between two rainstorms!)

Cromarty



Put my feet in (essentially) the North Sea. It was COLD!

Found a friend for Lucy!

Couldn't resist! War Eagle!

Inverness "Castle" don't be fooled--it's a court of law.

View down River Ness to Inverness

Finally found Nessie!

Sunset on the Scott Monument in Edinburgh

Edinburgh


View of Edinburgh Castle
After I got to Edinburgh I tried in vain to find some dinner, but it was 8:00 on a Sunday and most places were closed. I ended up eating all the snack food I had hoarded over the last few days--sneaking crackers and nutella out of the continental breakfasts. It also helped that there was a little vending machine in the hotel room.

And after that satisfying meal and watching Pirates of the Caribbean 2, I went to bed--the next day I only had about half of a day to spend in Edinburgh and I wanted to see all that I could!

More about Edinburgh Later!
Thanks for reading!

And for all those who might be wondering, no, I did not try Haggis. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment